Friday, April 8, 2011

Almond Milk, Soy Milk, Rice Milk...which tastes better, which is least Processed?

I personally am not a big fan of milk. Only on rare occasions I will have it if it's with cocoa or some other mixture. So with that said, what are the substitutes that I can make that will satisfy my craving and also give me the nutrients I need that milk has?

In the market, there are 3 types of popular milks: Soy Milk, Almond Milk and Rice Milk. This article: HERE is pretty good at talking about the differences. But I also did my own research.

Out of the three for me, I found Soy Milk to taste the best and have the best consistency closest to milk.
Rice and Almond milk are a bit more watery in the consistency I've noticed. All three have natural flavors (which are not detailed) and sweeteners to make them taste better. Make sure the brand you buy does not have Aspartame or Artificial flavors or Preservatives. Almond Breeze brand seems to taste the best for those who like to get less calories and carbohydrates. Soy has about the same calories as regular nonfat milk.  Most brands also have added A & D Vitamins in them so you can get your servings as if you were drinking a glass of milk. The big bonus with Soy milk is the protein and fiber that comes with it.
My favorite flavor in the Soy Milk is from Walmart's Original Great Value Soy Milk. It tastes better than any other brand I've tried. And it's a lot cheaper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment